Should you stage a luxury home before it goes on the market? Let’s explore the scenarios that are important when you embark on listing your luxury home in Greenwood Village or Cherry Hills. We open the discussion about buyers, their beliefs, preconceptions and, most importantly, the factors that go into getting an offer on your home that is competing with others in the MLS listings.
Luxury home buyers are successful, design conscious, hyper focused on results and have limited time in which to make a buying decision. It is up to you as a Seller to guide them, create an atmosphere that invites them into your home and is compelling enough to secure an offer. Staging is critical to ensuring your home does not stagnate on the market. Choosing the right broker is another key ingredient.
Now, how do you go about this staging journey? Well, it starts with an assessment of your luxury home and listening to an expert(s) who has your best interests at heart. Staging came on the scene in the 80’s amidst the housing downturn and has been a major component in selling your home in both buyer’s and seller’s market. Lets jump right in and outline 7 ideas to put your home ahead of the competition.
7 Home Staging Tips To Sell Quickly
- You can expect to spend anywhere from $2000 to $20,000 on a luxury staging package, depending on the existing décor of your interior design. Other factors in pricing are how many rooms will be staged, how large your home is and the existing environment. Luxury Homes in the $2 million or more range will cost more but worth it when it nets you an additional $200,000 or more.
- The areas of your home that need to be correctly staged are: living areas, kitchen and bedrooms and entry way. It is all about first impressions as the buyer walks in your front door.
- Furniture Selection and Layout. A quality staging program will provide immediate harmony with the unique characteristics of your home and the layout of the furniture. Buyers make split second, unconscious decisions as they take your home in and let their eyes wander.
- De-Clutter. Streamline. Simplify. Re-Paint. The result – a calm serene feel to your Colorado Luxury Home in Greenwood Village.
- Create a sense of refined elegance, call your florist for fresh flowers, hire a color consultant to offer their insight before you buy paint. Open the windows for fresh air in the fall and spring.
- Hire a painter to re-stain and freshen all original woodwork. Rejuvenation is an amazing product that will help you accomplish this.
- Curb Appeal – Call your landscaper to tidy up the front of the home. You have seconds to attract a luxury buyer with the first impression and that starts from the moment they step out of their car.
This is a quick start guide and I could spend hours discussing these topics as they are fascinating when you uncover the subtle ways that a home can shine brightly with minimal effort. Taking the first step in selling your Luxury Home is difficult and we know that you have questions and concerns. Our team is here to help. We can offer suggestions for the right home stager that meets your need and budget.
If you’re a potential home buyer looking at Greenwood Village or Cherry Hills and your are planning to move in from outside the state, click here to learn about our relocation package.
Hope you enjoyed this article. I welcome you to submit comments on your personal success stories or questions related to staging your luxury home on the form below.
Leave a Reply