As a resident Realtor of Greenwood Village and a transplant from urban Northwest Denver, I enjoy discovering and sharing the numerous amenities of living in the “Village’ to new relocation clients or my Denver area clients and friends who are moving into the area.
One of those gems, is the luxurious Greenwood Athletic and Tennis Club. Located at 5801 S Quebec St, it is easy to access on the way to work just off of I-25 and Orchard. This full service health club encompasses over 153,000 square feet of heart pumping, yoga stretching, weight lifting, fitness classes and numerous other ways to break a sweat. Serving 7000 members, The club has a team of 260 staff members to serve you every day.
Right inside the entrance is Ethereal Day Spa, offering services from facials, massage therapy, tanning applications, manicures and pedicures. A physical therapy practice is also in the building with a professional staff to assist you. Member Services is there to check you in with an updated class schedule. The club opens up to a coffee bar with cardio machines humming in the back, a private group workout room, a state of the art yoga studio, swimming pools, weights, martial arts, tennis courts…I think you can begin to see the vast array of activities this club offers.
As you walk outside, picture three large outdoor pools for all age groups, a year round heated 6 lane lap pool and a youth splash pool to keep the kids entertained. When you step outside, look west to the incredible views of the front range. An outdoor fire pit is there to socialize around in the cooler weather.
Greenwood Village or Cherry Hills Reimbursements
Both Cherry Hills and Greenwood Village offer their respective residents, a recreation reimbursement fee up to $500 per year to offset the cost of your membership dues. You can learn more about it at their websites: Greenwood Village Recreation Reimbursement and Cherry Hills Recreation Reimbursement PDF
Greenwood Athletic Club Membership Rates:
Top Ten Reasons to Join
1) GATC Personal Trainers – top shelf, experienced, friendly, motivated to help you achieve your goals. 25+ Trainers are there to offer one on one training, TRX Suspension, Boxing, Kettle bells, Cycling, and other cross platform methods.
2) Community – All demographics, generational members, young professionals making new friends in their classes, charter members who have stories to share about the early years, long time residents who show up every year and transplants who enjoy the special atmosphere that they stumbled upon. It’s here. All are welcome. It can be the best part of your day.
3) Classes – You name it, they have it.
Yoga: Basic Vinyasa, Kundalini, Power Viyasa, Restorative, Thermal Power Fusion and Yoga Sculpt.
Combat Zone: This 1650 sq ft room is a professional Martial Arts studio with classes in junior boxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Self Defense for Kids, KO training, Little Dragons, and Thai Kick boxing to name just a few.
4) Group Fitness – BodyPump, BodyStep Breakfast Club, Action-X, BARRE, Aqua Fit, Tai Chi, Spinning Studio and Alignment awareness, and more. Imagine 130 group fitness classes to choose from. Visit this link for more info on Group Fitness Programs.
Pilates: – More than 15 classes to choose from. Ski Fit will be a great class for the up coming ski season.
Swimming Pools: Over 32,000 in the aquatics are. 3 Outdoor Pools, 25M Eight Lane Heated Indoor Lap Pool, 25M 6 Lane Heated Outdoor pool that is open year round, Adult Leisure Pool and a Kid’s Splash Pool.
5) Nutrition Services:
A registered dietitian is on staff to help customize a plan that works for you including Nutrition Counseling, Detox programs and weight management counseling.
6) Greenwood Tennis Club: is one of the state’s premier tennis clubs with seven indoor clay courts and five outdoor hard courts totaling 52,000 sq. ft.
7) Locker Rooms, Sauna, Steam Rooms & Jacuzzi– Clean, updated, private saunas/steam rooms for women and men. The men’s locker rooms are being remodeled this fall and should be complete at the time of this publication.
8) Weight Room: 9600 sq. ft. with the latest machines and free weights.
9) Member Services: Flu Shots, Bone Density screening, CPR/AED Certification,
Adult drop in Basketball and finally discount movie tickets to any regal cinema.
10) Loyalty Rewards: Don’t forget every time you refer a friend who joins the club, you receive a complimentary month of paid dues.
Bonus: Sign up for your complimentary 3 day pass to experience all of the wonderful member benefits at Greenwood Athletic Club. Limited availability on comp passes.
Leave a Reply