by Brittney Phua, Stapleton Real Estate
The flowers are blooming and Stapleton is coming alive this Spring! My family and I love living here in this exciting and fun Denver community located at the site of the former Denver airport. Here are my top 10 Stapleton spring/summer activities!
1) Nature walk at Bluff Lake Nature Center. Come check out this oasis in the city. Bluff Lake Nature center consists of 123 acres on the eastern edge of Stapleton. There is a seasonal lake, wetlands and plenty of bird watching.
2) Fine tune your horsemanship by taking riding Lessons at the Urban Farm. Adults and children can sign up for either a week long riding workshop or a 12-week workshop.
3) Visit Westword’s “Best Swimming Pools!” Stapleton has 3 public pools that all open Memorial Day weekend.
4) Attend a Colorado Rapids Soccer game! Colorado’s major league soccer team plays at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park. This arena is located just north of Stapleton.
5) Stapleton’s Free Concert series kicks off June 12th at Founder’s Green with Denver legend, Hazel Miller. Bring a picnic dinner and enjoy the live music from 6-8 pm.
6) Check out the Stapleton Farmer’s Market every Sunday from June 20th-October 17th. Here you will find Colorado-grown fruits and vegetables, baked goods, herbs, specialty meats and more!
7) Enjoy free outdoor movies at Founder’s Green! The June schedule consists of June 4th Mamma Mia and June 18th “Michael Jackson – This is It.” The movies begin at dusk, but you may want to arrive a little bit earlier to ensure a nice spot on the grass!
8) Beer Festival…need I say more? June 26th from 4-9pm with live music by Deja Blu and Wendy Woo.
9) Come search for treasures at the Sweet William Market. This open-air market is at Founder’s Green every last Saturday of the month, 9 am-2 pm, May through September. Here you will find vintage items, antiques and art!
10) Take a walk, bike ride or go rollerblading. Stapleton has 25 miles of pathway that link to The Sand Creek Trail.
As you can see, there is a lot going on in Stapleton. Come take advantage of all that this fantastic neighborhood has to offer! If you want to know more about Stapleton, just contact me using the form below. Thanks!