Cherry Creek North Shopping in Denver
The area surrounding the Cherry Creek shopping center is comprised of a fashion mall, and a nearby shopping district that includes boutiques, restaurants, and shops. It’s popular with local empty-nesters and relocation buyers moving to Denver looking for an active, walking community. It’s located on either side of 1st Avenue between University and Steele Street about 5 miles SE of downtown.
This upscale neighborhood is a self-contained oasis for residents who choose to live here, consisting of art galleries, coffee houses, bars, restaurants, shopping, and even the GW Marriott Hotel. For some, it reminds them of Georgetown in Washington, DC, with a tremendous variety of eateries and entertainment venues.
Don’t miss Elway’s, owned by former Broncos’ Quarterback John Elway. It’s a great steakhouse and watering hole next door to the mall.
Real Estate Now for Sale
Cherry Creek Fashion Mall
Cherry Creek is a walking village within the Denver city limits. The fashion mall is indoors and contains many fashionable, national boutiques such as Coach, Bebes, Ralph Lauren and many more. Just north of the mall is the 17 square block area known as Cherry Creek North. This area is full of art galleries, more boutique shops, restaurants, and entrainment lounges. There are more coffee shops in Cherry Creek than any other neighborhood of Denver. This is an urban paradise.
In the summertime the Cherry Creek Arts Festival (held over the Fourth of July weekend) is very popular, and brings crowds into the fashionable area to celebrate art and music. Performers and artists attend from all over the world. Often concerts are held at Fillmore Plaza, located in the open pedestrian mall. Be prepared though, parking is tight around the mall. Be prepared to pay and tip for valet parking, or use one of limited on-street parking meters. These are free after 7 PM, but otherwise charge the highest meter rates in Denver.
Cherry Creek is also the home for à la mode, luxury housing, ranging from Cherry Creek condos to town homes, and even single-family detached homes.
Single Family, Detached Homes
There are a variety of Denver lifestyles available in Cherry Creek. Cherry Creek consists mainly of town home and condominium living, although there are some single family homes. Still, even those are generally geared to “empty-nesters” who have fled from the suburbs when the children are gone. Here couples can at last enjoy an upscale adult lifestyle. This neighborhood is less popular with the under-30 crowd than most other districts in Denver, however you will find younger professionals, both married and single here, enjoying the upscale living.
Some people are confused by the term Cherry Creek. It refers to the stream, which runs through the Cherry Creek shopping center area, and also throughout the Southeast metropolitan area. In fact, the Cherry Creek stream and paths run all the way from downtown Denver to the outlying suburbs.
The Cherry Creek school system is located in Arapahoe County, some seven miles Southeast of this area. Housing areas in the suburbs that feed into the Cherry Creek school district have the name “Cherry Creek” in them but are in fact located in Arapahoe County.
Recent Blog Posts
- Luxury Living in South AuroraPrice: $470,000 $464,900 - JUST REDUCED Bedrooms: 5 Baths: 3 Sq. Ft: 3,906 total Year Built: 2006 3D Virtual Tour: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=u2xCqhHiztV Map To…Continue reading »
- Kentwood Real Estate: Business As Usual[caption id="attachment_687" align="alignright" width="435"] Kentwood Real Estate Realtors with Peter Niederman, Chief Operating Officer. (Larry Hotz, center, Peter, right)[/caption] My…Continue reading »
- The Preserve Greenwood Village Colorado[caption id="attachment_1164" align="alignleft" width="465"] Luxury homes populate The Preserve in suburban Greenwood Village.[/caption] The Preserve in Greenwood Village is a…Continue reading »
- Aurora, Colorado Is A Great Place to Live[caption id="attachment_12122" align="alignleft" width="400"] Denver Realtor Meredith Hotz lives in "Affordable Aurora" and is the newest Blogger at All Denver…Continue reading »
- Biking the Suburbs: Lone Tree[caption id="attachment_6390" align="alignleft" width="448"] Bluffs Regional Park above Lone Tree overlooks the Carriage Club neighborhood among others.[/caption] Lone Tree is…Continue reading »
- Kentwood Real Estate Sweeps Realtor Awards[caption id="attachment_11833" align="alignleft" width="386"] Larry Hotz and Daughter/Partner Elizabeth accepted the award for #5 Team from the Denver Metro Association…Continue reading »
- 2200 W 29th Ave, Unit 304, Denver, LoHiPrice: $510,000 Bedrooms: 2 Baths: 2 Sq. Ft: 1,191 Year Built: 2007 Garage: 2 Deed Spaces Property information This high…Continue reading »
- 7685 E 4th Ave, Denver, CO, LowryPrice: $1,000,000 Bedrooms: 5 Baths: 5 Sq. Ft: 5,182 total Year Built: 2007 Here's an incredible opportunity to live in…Continue reading »
- Denver Realtor Bicycles The SuburbsToday is a great day for another ride in the south Denver suburbs . This Denver Realtor will be heading…Continue reading »
- Greenwood Village Trail to Trader Joe’s[caption id="attachment_10465" align="alignright" width="225"] Got to love off road trails along Highline Canal in Greenwood Village.[/caption] As a busy Realtor,…Continue reading »
Have a Question or need info on Cherry Creek? Get answers quickly.