Some Popular Denver Neighborhoods
Use this Denver neighborhoods map to discover advantages in city neighborhoods. The mild climate, proximity to outdoor recreation of all kinds, arts and cultural events bring many folks to relocate to Denver. And, the city of Denver itself has lots of great neighborhoods just like the suburbs. This interactive Denver Neighborhoods Map shows many of the neighborhoods our Denver relocation clients have chosen over the last few years.
Reasons to Live Near Downtown Denver
- Walkable neighborhoods with great restaurants and local amenities
- Easy access to public transportation including the new light rail system
- One of the largest and best public parks systems in the United States
- Easy access to lots of museums, art galleries, cultural events and local festivals
- All 6 major sports teams play on their own fields
- Easy access to higher education at Denver University, Metro State, CU Denver and community colleges
- More racial, social and economic diversity
- Some Denver neighborhoods are as safe as living in the Denver Suburbs
- 6 public golf courses with affordable pricing
- Trails connecting with suburban trail system for 100’s of miles of walking or biking
Things to Consider With City Living
Not all city neighborhoods are safe. Use our Interactive Crime map before buying any home. You’ll find crime statistics around any property for whatever time period you specify. It is a great way to know how safe your city neighborhood really is.
Not all public schools are highly rated. However, there some public schools that among the best in the state. Ask us for a Schools Report on any school in Denver. it’s updated monthly and is great resource if school-aged children are involved in your move.
Even in safe neighborhoods, use common sense. Do lock your doors when leaving home. This is not Mayberry RFD. This is city living. Also, do not take very late night or early morning walks or runs alone.
Denver is “homeless friendly”. You will encounter more homeless people in the city. They can roan the alleys even in the best of Denver neighborhoods. At times, the homeless have erected tent cities in public parks and on public parkways.
What Are The Best Denver Neighborhoods?
Of course, the answer to that question is somewhat subjective. The best resources to find out about Denver neighborhoods are:
- Your Realtor
- Local Police Department District Offices
- Walking and talking with local schools
- Visiting potential neighborhoods frequently and talking to neighbors
- Word of mouth from friends and collegues at work
Thanks for using our interactive Denver neighborhoods map!